Monday, June 8, 2015

5 Ways To Follow Through on Your Goals: June Goals



It always seems impossible until it's done.


I was right! Meeting my May goals would be a challenge... I didn't do so hot and I will come out and say it! While my water intake increased significantly, my DC consumption was still a culprit... However I finished another book tried out 2 new recipes and am hydrating right, so some progress is progress right?! Tracking your goals monthly is a great way to set small (or large) attainable milestones and I believe it also keeps you conscious of your actions day in and day out. Some of the goals I have been setting for myself recently will ideally become habit/second nature in the near future, but until that becomes the case I know it is important for me to continue setting them. As Aristotle is quoted saying "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit." Its always important to forgive yourself if you fail, and while I don't want to attach the thought of failure to my May goals there is certainly room for improvement in June! This month I have taken on the 21 Day Challenge that will in success change my eating habits moving forward. I am excited about creating weekly action plans that combine both fitness and nutrition and even more excited to share results down the line. So for the month of June I am doing something different with my goals and here are 5 ways I plan help myself follow through with my goals.

wake up and be awesome inspirational mugDIVIDE AND CONQUER

Divide your goals into a set of small achievable steps. Maybe this is weekly, maybe this is daily. Do what makes them digestible and what makes achieving them work for you! 

PUT  FEAR IN ITS PLACE

There will be scary moments when failure seems eminent and reaching your goals may seem impossible. In these cases Nike says Just Do It! So just do it anyway no matter how scary it may seem. 

EXPECT SETBACKS

Setback are a part of any process, but not the end of it. If you begin with the end in mind and know setbacks are inevitable you can plan to rededicate yourself to each goal after any setbacks that cross your path. 

LEARN Along the way... 

Do what works for you! If something isn't working try a new approach. Unexpected challenges are opportunities to learn new skills. 

SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS

With any goal accountability is key. Tell someone who matters to you, write about it, blog about it, tweet about it! Pledge to make your goals a reality!


No comments:

Post a Comment