Friday, May 1, 2015

The Secret to Setting Goals

Its May already and it seems like yesterday I sat down to set intentions for my April goals... So I guess its time to see how I did... 


Recap of April's Goals 
1: Finish & Read – I have been slowly dabbling in what I will call a financial encouragement book which I plan to finish in the next week (by 1/7) And start and finish the book currently on my night stand.
I made it through The Automatic Millionaire and I have will have a blog post up with some insight, so stay tuned there. I didn't quite make it through the next book, but you can check out my currently reading in the side bar. I am about 1/4 through (yes, I know not very far) 

2: Journal/Blog - With the recent effort to get blog on track (ha! get it, blog on track), I plan to start off with a post a week and see where I can take my efforts from there... 
A success! I am excited to say. While I really do blog for myself and my less than 10 followers... I have managed to deliver here and I plan to continue.   

3: Do What You Love - And I love DIY! I plan to add one DIY project to my repertoire this month and whatever that may be, I plan to share it with you! 
I did complete a DIY this month however it is a DIY for a dear friend who's baby shower is at the tail end of the month so in an effort to keep the to be gift a secret I will need to share at a later date. 

4: Run - Run more, fun faster and run longer! I am going to start with the run more and commit to running between 15-20 miles from Mon-Fri.    
Week 1 I ran 17 miles 
Week 2 I ran 19
Week 3 I got sick... I managed to back about 6 miles total 
Week 4 I got busy... will keep this on my list!

In recapping this months progress, I have to say not bad. Everyone knows the secret to goal setting is set SMART goals. SMART meaning S- Specific M- Measurable A- Attainable R- Relevant T- Time Based. And it you didn't know, now you know! If you can SMART goals I am confident you can achieve them. I will take the weekend to evaluate what is ahead of me this month and will be back with my smart goal for the the month of May on Monday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment