Monday, March 23, 2015

Lost Your Waze? Blogger Reboot

Waze is no ordinary navigation app. Like others, it offers real time travel info, but also reports on road debris, cops ticketing nearby and more  | 17 Smartphone Apps That Will Help You Win Your Twenties
This past weekend during a cross town trip headed back to the Westside, I enlisted the ever so trusted help of Waze to get us to where we needed to go when our in car guided assistant sounded off, “In 800 ft turn left on Fountain” Of all the shortcuts and all the redirect possibilities Waze could have offered, the irony of the guided navigation prompting me down Fountain to avoid Sunday drivers got me thinking… Thinking about something else in my life which could benefit from the Waze prompted trip down one of the most iconic short cuts of LA… if you guessed my blog, you are correct.

Usually people quit blogging on a site because they stop enjoying it or because they fall out of the habit… I am not sure which applies here because I don’t think I was really ever “in the habit” and there is no question as to whether or not I enjoy blogging.


I kept a journal most of my life and really I utilized a blog as the adult version of such. Whether its sharing my take on the latest jewelry trend, or musings from a recent outing with family or friends, I have always taken some small comfort in knowing that beyond the memories themselves my blog is where I can recount and share events (even if it just you reading them Mom).  A reboot of anything can seem difficult, daunting and at time even frustrating, but it’s important to remember that its almost always possible to restart, relaunch and refocus your efforts as time allows. And the excitement which follows is a rewarding feeling and who knew Waze would help me get there. This past Sunday, I took Sunset which led me Santa Monica (with a quick trip up La Brea) and I ending up Taking Fountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment