Monday, April 2, 2012

holla at a playa when you see me on the street

the streets of dowtown LA that is... running my a$# off !
i did it ya’ll! i kicked those 13.1 miles right in the bum and then did a little victory dance over the finish line {aka the threshold into the doors of Golds} like you wouldn’t believe.. yeeeeee! okay i lie, it was more like a victory waddle but whatev i finished! and oh man it hurt so good. for the non believers, check, check, check out my melody…. 
i forgot to push the start button on my nike plus - trust me i about cried so i only logged 11.53 waaah!
motivation is a funny thing you see...
my motivation to run stems from personal competitive instinct and is fueled by my overall desire to be fit, but i truly surprised myself this past friday. going into it i had prematurely decided I was going take an alternate route offered... but once we hit the pavement, i just kept going!  im not sure if i was motivated by amazing group of peeps i was surrounded by or that competitive mindset... nonetheless i completed our Bootcamps 13.1 faux half marathohn which provided an awesome route {thank you Adam} hitting up some Downtown LA's historical land marks...
{thinking about becoming a Nike Route Boss ha!}
{my splits from our run minus the 2 miles which my head was in the clouds dang-it}
during my run i realized a few things:
  • running hills anywhere in LA are my nightmare...
  • the more i run, the more i want to run. call me cray but its the truth.
  • no matter how much it hurts or how many times i bitch about it, i know it's all worth it in the end. just finish!
  • regardless of what physical limitations i think may stand in my way, i absolutely can push myslef to the extreme even if i end up walking around for the rest of the weekend with a sorry excuse for a pimp limp.
  • the real person you are is revealed in the moments when you're certain no other person is watching.
  • i will stop when im done, not when im tired.
  • my physical capabilities are limitless and im deteremined to explore new boundaries in regards to these so called "limits"
  • BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment