Wednesday, February 29, 2012

losing sight of the shore...

Has someone or something ever disappointed you so much you could cry? Well, in my case I guess it would be more of a scream… either way disappointment is what it is right? Right! I believe this desire to scream and or cry is a direct product of my personal expectations. I typically don’t expect much of anything from anyone, however when things (inevitably) don’t turn out as I otherwise expected I find myself wishing things were different, thus having an expectation. I tend to internalize (and only internalize) this grandiose list  of expectations of how those in my life should behave and what they should do or be doing, yet this fantasy is all so far from reality. But what if you could just live a life without expectations… I mean like completely throw them out of the window {while driving or something} This would be the ideal way to accept reality as it is and people as they are… without expectations… to poses the ability to just accept things and move on. Life can be ridiculously complicated, if you let it, so to put it simply… just don’t.  

No comments:

Post a Comment