Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Downtown Like China Town...

This past Friday I was able to be join an amazing group of peeps for an experience I will never forget. There is just something really unique about running with a large group that really makes you push yourself beyond where you think you can go and that is exactly what I did! Our run through downtown LA during Fridays last day of boot camp until the New Year far exceeded my my expectations. From the high rises in the midst of downtown to the entrance of Dodger Stadium and then up through Elysian Park (both places I had never been before) it really seemed like we were miles from the city... Then through Chinatown, over 110 freeway and then up Angel's Flight and then finishing up by headed back to the gym. This was quite the run and here is my little top 10 list all about it which I would like to share with you!
My Top 10 Highlights about Fridays Boot Camp Run:
10. Seeing Dodgers Stadium in person for the first time.
9. Make it through the steep muddy terrain of Elysian Parks trails high above LA which provided a path to run on  with a width no larger than my hip span... pretty scary!
8. Running past an authentic Chinese dragon. 
(this is no Chinese Dragon, but we definitely ran past here!)
7. Being able to look around and enjoy the view! 
{A great point made by a fellow boot camper, Tracy- re lessons she's learned from running! btw Great Tips!}
6. Running up Angels flight knowing I don't have turn around and run back down again to do burpees.
5. Grabbing A much needed quick sip of water at the top Angels flight!
4. Knowing I have many miles under my belt and it's only 9 AM.
3. Running past the hill street court house and not having to stop in :) 
2. Pushing myself beyond where I thought I could go and getting excited about what more is to come in the New Year!
1. Finishing and feeling good about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment