Thursday, December 22, 2011

Spinning With Bells On

There is a time and a place for everything. Don't get me wrong Im all about holiday cheer, but Spinning is something I rely on for a good sweat and Christmas music isnt really the thing I’m looking for to kick my workout up to the next level. There are plenty of reasons which already exist for me to dislike Christmas music and now I officially have one more reason to add to that list... This AM Rebecca and I found ourselves spinning to the likes of a remake to the B52’s Love Shack Toy Sack. I have to give it to the instructor for her solid effort, not many spin instructors out there still lead by way of Compact Disc, I mean I get it, old habits die hard... really hard in this case I guess. Music typically plays a crucial role in motivating me to move, helping me work through challenging rides and keeps me coming back for more... well its supposed to at least... only I really didn't sweat during this class and I'm still debating over the cause... I'm not sure if it was due to the 3 gusty fans practically overpowering the left half of the class, precisely where my bike resided this AM or maybe it was the grinch-like chill I felt beginning to run through my veins as soon as i realized the song we were listening to was NOT in fact Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze but some twisted rendition which had replaced the lyrics "excuse me while i kiss the sky" with "S'cuze me, I got gifts to buy" Wow! My thoughts exactly, talk about holly jolly spinning tunes. Happy I went this morning, but sad I was peddling away to Bob Rivers and It The Most Wonderful Time of The Year Its The Most Fattening Time of The Year {not a particularly motivating song if you ask me}. Wait there was more... Word on the street is these inane holiday songs are all 'sung' by the same idiot and can be found on his collection titled Twisted Christmas, go figure. Here are just a couple other juvenile holiday spinning gems which I endured with bells on this morning:
4. Sled Zeppelin {this was just wrong i couldnt help but laugh... like out loud!}






No comments:

Post a Comment