Monday, January 28, 2013

Boot Camp: Week 3





Week 3 Monday Morning 1/21: Step, Step, Step it Up!  
Here we are! Week 3 complete! Let me start off by apologizing for non iPhone pic documentation of Monday morning workout {I woke up late, which is precisely why I lay my clothes out the night before which i plan to discuss in a later post} With a room full of boot-campers eager to get our sweat on post Monday morning weigh in blues, 36 of us to be exact we all rushed the corners of the room to grab our steps, mats and dumbbells ready to shed some weekend lbs! Lined from wall to wall and double up were are steps, facing a partner, dumbbells hand in hand and ankle weights tightly secured for the remainder of the hour we were up and down plank to push up, on our mats legs up donkey kicks, leg extensions, mountain climbers on the step, burpees using the step... we did NOT stop!
Wed 1/23 
Things Not to Forget to Bring to Boot-Camp... Your Ankle Weights and Your Brain:
While it was clear that Wednesdays workout took some serious thought and effort to come up with, I was unfortunately a part of the unlucky few who "forgot their brains at home" Wednesday morning and was abruptly kick out kindly asked to leave the workout before we were able to launch into parts 2 and 3. Without going into elaborate details about how the morning unfolded, let me just remind everyone {myself included} of something I said about Yardo's Boot-camp Week 1: Boot-camp is a group which is based on commitment, forged by good friendships  and undoubtedly bound in camaraderie... One thing that sets this 6 am workout apart from all others is that we do things TOGETHER! I don't think this is something any of us will forget to be mindful of from here (or should I say last Wednesday) on out!


It Never Rains in Southern California 1/25:
In the words of Toni Toni Toni It Never Rains in Southern California, but when it does, what do us crazy boot-campers do? We celebrate Marks Birthday and head out for our OG Downtown Run. But not before we work up little sweat first. In can you cant see the pics clearly above, Fridays workout was broken down into 3 parts.
Part I: Adams Apology
After how Wednesday unfolded an apology was delivered but with a reminder to all of us what boot-camp is about!  
Part IIStart with 5 burpees and then every 2 mins on the 2 min mark drop and do 5 burpees all the while working to complete completing 4 rounds of the following with 30lb Barbell
20 Thrusters 
20 Sumo Squats 
20 Push Press
20 Dead Lifts
20 Squats



{We be up in the gym just working on our fitness}
{Running in the Rain OG dtla run!}
And there you have week 3 concluded... 3 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. My relatives always say that I am wasting my time
    here at web, except I know I am getting know-how everyday by reading thes
    nice content.
    Also visit my web blog info

    ReplyDelete