Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ghosts of Halloweens Pasts...

Halloween is always a tricky time of the year…  Besides for the obvious reasons such as having to figure out or decide upon what amazing party you will attend (what could possibly top last years… see video below) but also the fact that I have to decide on a costume in an effort to avoid questions such as “what are you?" or “why did you choose that costume” and at the same time attempting to avoid awkward or offensive moments…
Last year, while the graveyard party was a success, my first attempt as Sophia Grace was an epic fail and thus my last min reality tv Ah ha moment to be a Dance Mom was thrown together as an attempted "costume" yet was also a fail. Clearly it provoked the above what… and why… questions seeing as I meerly dressed in a sheer pink top (which I have definitely worn since), black leggings (which I frequently still wear) wearing a crown and carrying a microphone... Some Ah ha moment huh?! right...

While my post college goulie activities have been limited to none over the past few years, I am looking forward to Halloween this year!  With about 22 days left to figure out my above concerns and I will not be going as Max from Where the Wild Things Are as suggested by a brief and wildly inaccurate quiz I recently took on BuzzFeedMax-For-Adults romper... Do NOT want!
My past years costumes have been a bit iffy as they were typically thrown together and/or made/bought last min… This year I am planning on doing things different... the key word being planning and if it goes off without a hitch I will consider throwing in the Halloween towel in an effort to preserve good feelings about my future with this holiday… Below are a few of what I would like to call My Ghosts of Halloweens Past!
{Meew! Cira 1990}

{Half homemade Greek Goddess 2002}

{Care to guess this one... }

{If you happened to guess Mia Wallace of Pulp Fiction... din-ding-ding!}

{off with their heads! I'm not entirely sure this was Halloween... either way I went as my very own version of Alice in Wonderlands Queen of Hearts}

{I think the orange shorts say it all...}

What ever the night may bring I would like to put my money on topping last years... the venue doubtful... but the costume guaranteed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment