Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Resolutions

Happy July Everyone! Even though we are more than half way through this month and more importantly halfway through the year, what could be a better time to check in with ourselves. 6 months ago most of us made something we are all familiar with, New Year’s Resolutions… If you have kept yours congratulations! But if you haven’t or you are much like myself (as you can read here in New Year’s blog post ) and opted for the “safe” resolution approach and kept things vague, not to fret, there is never a bad time to resolute to doing something positive for yourself. So while these resolutions won’t be rung in with confetti and champagne, it’s only fair to take these next six months and give yourself a second chance to make the best of all that’s is left of 2012 by setting something called Summer Resolutions. I don’t know about all of you, but Summer is a time when im feeling grateful, excited and free spirited which is a great place to be when setting goals so rather than choosing another broad set of resolutions that can ultimately be difficult to measure, I have come up with a mini list I'm calling my Summer 6 of goals I will work to achieve/maintain during these next six months...or at least this summer!

1.) Stop waiting for things to pile up (aka clothes) before putting them away to avoid clutter (and stress)

2.) Keep myself hydrated and sun screened! Both for different reasons obvi

3.) Only eat out once a week! This shouldn’t be a tough one for me to achieve now that I'm “cooking” and all… hA!
 
4.) Clean out my closet BEFORE going shopping so I know what I'm looking for (and don't forget to donate!)

5.) Keep on keeping on with my irreplaceable gym routine but mix in a few more days of running during the week.

6.) Take more pictures! Probably necessary to buy a new camera first.

Clearly my #summerresolutions mostly all aim towards making me happier and healthier and are all relatively simple! I say its never too late to draft new goals for yourself and there is always the possibility awaiting you to turn a "so-so" year into a great one. With that said, to all of you starting fresh this July - Happy New Year! And to everyone successfully achieving their January resolutions - keep up the good work!


"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go."
 
~Dr. Seuss ~

No comments:

Post a Comment