Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Game On.

Ok can i just say holy Hunger Games!
this morning via my instagram
Its been several months since I finished Suzanne Collins’ young-adult trilogy {yes, I said young adult and if you haven’t read or have no idea what im talking about then like a said before you best get to readin’ hommie} The entirety of the totalitarian regime’s sadistic Hunger Games truly blew my  mind, love triangle and all. And now we are only just days away from the highly anticipated film adaptation. While I typically approach these types of scenarios with the utmost skepticism {just think of how many times you have heard someone say ‘meh, the Book was way better than the Movie} All three books we captivating so Im trying to go into this with little expectation, but Jennifer Lawrence sure did sell me in the trailer!  Titanic, blues, grunge, Black Beauty, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo---bring it on. My heart strings like getting tugged, where I start having the true problems is if it goes over the edge (Catcher in the Rye fav book but my little heart strings will nearly snapped after that one) or if it is honestly just tripe (Twilight sorry friend who happen to fancy that junk-ok im done there). In the case of the Hunger Games, a lot of my excitement has to do with the amazing casting. Just take a look below and hopefully your squees-of-joy will be outpouring just like mine! Let the 9 day count down begin!
jennifer lawrence as katniss everdeen...after watching the trailer & then seeing her on the cover of entertainment weekly, i'm sold!
josh hutcherson as peeta mellark...he has a sweet face & seems likable but he quite a bit smaller than i imagined peeta so im not so sold. i'm shallow like that.
liam hemsworth as gale hawthorne... well this pic makes me wanna waver from beign
team peeta, only not sure sure liam can ever redeem himself in my eyes for dating miley cyrus.
willow shields as primrose everdeen
paula malcomson as mrs. everdeen... shes gonna rock this role! think sons of anarchy
 
lenny kravitz as cinna...i happened to think this is great casting. lennys vibe is totally in line with cinna, cool calm collected yet eccentric & creative.
woody harrelson as haymitch abernathy...best casting by far! this works for me without a doubt.
elizabeth banks as effie trinket... i am excited to see this character unfold, at first it wasn't what i had imagined but by what i have seen so far i cant wait!
stanley tucci as caesar flickerman... always elegant stanley will be just what the smooth talking oily interviewer ordered.  
donald sutherland as president snow... he is unquestionably the main puppet master of Panem and ironiclly enough playing 'Puppet Master' is something hes familiar with {cira 1994}  
wes bentley as seneca crane... if i wasnt sold before the impecibly tailored beard and deep stare are sending me on my way to buy my ticket... like now!

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor... see you in the Arena  at the Arch Light!





No comments:

Post a Comment