Friday, January 20, 2012

and i ran, i ran so far away... couldnt get away.

5 1/2 miles to be exact, through downtown LA this morning at 6 freakin' AM {and i loved every second of it}, but dont go praising me just yet... ha! you can do that a week from Sunday, k!? K! I am excited/slash/proud to say I have offically entered to run {yes, run} in my first 10k and am also excited to have 2 pals joining me {thanks Krysten and Philly Cheese, you guys are awesome!} and we are going to rock the heck out the For Her Life 10k! Even though I just signed up less than 72 hours ago, I have even already raised a little dough for the cause {thanks mom, dad and rebecca, you guys also rock!} And if youre reading this and feeling liberal in giving, click the following link and you too can make a donation too yay!:  4 Her Life 10k Donation 
The first portion of Mondays bootcamp included a timed indoor 5k on the treadmill which I finished in 26:07 {I must say i love the 5K option the treadmill at Golds Gym DTLA has, now only if Hollywood Golds would up there treadmill game a bit I would be a happy camper} Ive never been much of a runner... like ever, but I really really really am starting to enjoy it... almost as much as i enjoy Spinning *gasp* Yes, I really did just say that! Stay tuned for the post race recap and wish us luck ! 
{race map 10k is just 2 laps of the entire route}
{more than excited for these to get come in the mail hopefully in time for my very first race woohoo!} 



2 comments: