Monday, January 30, 2012

10K Race Recap

I did it! 10k... check! I can now officially cross running a 10k off my oh-so-Grand {mental} list of things to do and it was absolutely amazing {thank you Krysten you were an awesome race buddy! Good pacing, good energy and good company}. This past Sunday I participated in the Run For her Life 10k, this was a fairly small race which was nice for my first one. Thank you sooo much to the peeps who supported me from making a donation to even just wishing me good luck pre race. Yes, I am going to admit it, I am totally one of those people who woke up one morning and said to myself "I am a runner" because I am so Not and never have been, but I really am starting to like it more and more each step of the way! Pre race a woman working the little water dispensary area asked me "Are you running the 5k or the 10k?" and after promptly/proudly responding "10k!" she then proceeded to ask how long I had been training and what my times were... I then not so quickly stuttered and attempted at a response back... {which didnt come out well, more like didnt come out at all aka I pretty much said nothing} You see, since Im not really a runner Im not akin to what I like to call runnerspeak. I finished the run in 53:11 in 23rd place of 54 women who ran the 10k (a lot more people/women ran the 5k) My average min/mile was 8:34 which Im feeling pretty good about. Unfortunately my kicks didn't arrive until this AM so I rocked in my Skechers yo! It was a beautiful day {albeit pretty chilly starting off} and I felt surprisingly good the entire time. One downside was I was bit disappointed with the race day t-shirt {which wasnt really a t-shit} bummer-but our swag bags were pretty awesome. Overall it was a very rewarding day! Check out my post race recap via my iPhone snaps{clockwise description is each frame}. I am excited about the possibility of running again... 1/2 marathon anyone? Who's running with me?!  
1. fresh organic fruit and veggie stand oranges were amazing 2. Century City Bridge race began underneath 3. pre race all sunny smiles 4. 330 my Road iD 5. warm ups
Run 4 Her Life 3/4 legenth race shirt im not excited about... meh
1. pre race game face & coffee 2. Skechers Liv race day kicks 3. Fellow runner in their race day attire 4. swag bag goodies, a whole lot of em' 5. post race lunch at Veggie Grill mmmmmm mmm good!
signing the 4 her life wall! Yay 10k



No comments:

Post a Comment