Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10 years later...

Circa 1999...

2011 and all growed up! When the heck did this happen?
{I may look older  more mature... but dont be fooled ladies} 
A couple of weekends ago, I was able to spend some severely overdue time with some of my nearest and dearest and it made me think... Holy Crow its been 10 years! And I truly couldn’t be luckier to have these girlfriends in my life. Patient.Forgiving.Loyal & Lovely are just a few of the Go To's when it comes to these girls. I know I have had a tough couple of years considering circumstance and distance, but I honestly cant begin to express enough how thankful I am to have such patient and forgiving friends in my life. And let it be said, gone are the days of taking life and all that it has to offer for granted. I don’t have another second to waste and I want you lovely ladies to know through laughing & crying , vino & coffee, our smiles & our frowns- through it all, I thank you girls, with all of my heart, for being there... 
in essence this time spent reminded me of a one of those silly chain emails you get every once in a while and this one- although quite long, I actually read- I will sum it up for you, Advice from Mother to Daughter:
As time and nature work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman, girlfriends are the mainstays of her life. After almost 50 years of living in this world, here is what I’ve learned:
Times passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Men don’t call when they say they will.
Children grow up-and leave you.
Love waxes and wanes.
Hearts break.
Self-absorption refuses to see the truth.
Careers end.
Jobs come and go.
Children forget to call.
Parents die.
Girlfriends understand.
Colleagues forget favors.
BUT, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you,
girlfriends are there. 
The world wouldn’t be the same without them, and neitherwould I...


No comments:

Post a Comment