Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Movie Classics: Updated



Only 12 days until Christmas which means you're cutting it close if you haven't finished your shopping, but plenty of time to still cozy up to some classic Christmas flicks!  ABC's 25 Days of Christmas is offering us its holiday best on the daily from now until Santa comes to town, so grab your cozy Christmas socks, champagne & candy canes and check  the usual Christmas movie classics (yes, Bad Santa and  Elf included) off your list! Some of my fondest holiday childhood memories were spent curled up watching Christmas tv programming; there is just something about these seasonal treasures that just warms my heart! Since there are too many to make a top 5 or even a top 10 list - I will just share a general list of my classic faves (recently updated). A fair forewarning though... my movie list includes films for the revelers and humbugs... Something for everyone this year! 

 Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer (1964)
Most Christmas specials are about caring and giving and reflecting on uplifting spirit... Bumbles the Abominable Snow Man and Rudolph's unsightly red nose in this 1964 classic do everything but... only somehow I just love it and am delighted to see it rerun year after year.  

 The Sound of Music
Admittedly, I'm not sure how this makes my xmas roundup, but I somehow never pass up the chance to indulge in 3 hours of Julie Andrew and dreamy Christopher Plummer.

 The Apartment
Not a classic Christmas movie you may say... think again! The rendezvous in Jack Lemmons apartment primarily take place between Christmas Eve to New Years Eve... don't believe me check it out for yourself... And almost an all time fave movie (period!)

 Gremlins
Is it weird that I always wanted my very own Mogwai? I mean as a kid of course... what better to teach a child responsibility than a pet right?! and to think I would have only need to follow 3 simple rules... wait what were they again... 

 Home Alone
Everything I need to know I learned from Home Alone, ha! An instant classic!



It's A Wonderful Life 
Image result for It's a Wonderful Life
This is a new movie to my holiday watch list. A movie brought into my life by my husbands family. George Bailey and the town of Bedford Falls bring all the feels! 
Every time a bell rings an angels get its wings... 
 A Christmas Story
You'll shoot your eye out kid! Need I say more...

 Scrooged
While there are a ton of spin offs of from Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" none as brilliant and funny as Scrooged... I feel like this one is often forgotten, but I have to say its a holiday must!

 Elf
 The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear

 Christmas Vacation
Always guaranteed to make me almost spit out my eggnog

 Bad Santa
Guess what Kid, Santa doesn't care what you want for Christmas.

 How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Such a great spin on the Dr S timeless classic!

 The Nightmare Before Christmas
Jack "The Pumpkin King" Skellington creates the ultimate holiday mash-up by kidnapping santi-claaaws, from his coffin sled to terrifying toys the Nightmare Before Christmas has it all!

 Jack Frost
Try not to cry with this one...




No comments:

Post a Comment