Wednesday, August 1, 2012

listen to your body... it doesn't lie!

As a California native (SF Bay Area to be exact) and LA resident for the past 10 years now, it is no surprise that living in a city directly synonymous with the motion picture industry seems to always have me striving for that perfect yoga butt
Amidst LA’s unbelievably fit population, lets face it, those of us on our “journey” whatever that may be are all pretty tired of self-proclaimed skinny experts acting like its so darn easy to loose weight… With column advice ranging from the likes of eat this not that and is your workout making you fat , it has become increasingly difficult to decide and/or figure whose advice is right to follow… my suggestion is follow your body! Which is precisely why I have decided to include you on my journey… Just over a year ago I committed myself to healthier lifestyle from head to toe.

I started with the plain old traditional fitness and got myself a gym membership at the local 24 hours fitness. I have since revolutionized my commit to be fit and I have done this by following my body. By this I mean that I am in tune with signals my body sends me. For example, if i am working out 6-7 days a week, sometimes twice a day and then I step on the scale and the # is quite off (aka abnormally high for the amount of exercise i have been engaging in) than its obvious to me that i am overeating or maybe a need a recovery day or two as i might be pushing myself too hard. If you really listen to your body, it can have some pretty important things to say which will ultimately assist in making your journey a successful one.
I have found a pretty solid workout routine which includes a series of gym-based fitness programs from a 6 week boot camp (which I am currently in my 5th session of, but more about that at a later time) spinning a few times a week and the occasional weight lifting. This routine has not only kept me happy, but energized me as well as put me back to comfortably fitting into those jeans I once considered a lost cause.
With the proliferation of fitness options all over this city, such as high-octane boot camps, Zumba, heated Spinning classes, various forms of yoga and cardio barre workouts galore, I find there is definitely no shortage of options out there to feed my undying desire for that heart pounding breathlessness that a good work has to offer.

Over the next several months I plan to incorporate a series of health and fitness posts into my blog in order to share with you my latest workout efforts. I hope that sharing my ongoing quest to achieve the ultimate yoga butt will not only inform you, but inspire you as well. When we were kids we merely called it playing, and it was fun, right?!  But now that we are all (well... most of us at least) are working adults, what once was playing has since turned into a "work"out, but who says it can’t still be fun!  Your body wants to move and it wants to be strong and fit so follow what your body wants. As hard as it may seem to lace up those running shoes… I promise the benefits of making exercise a lifelong habit won’t disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment